Suitable for your everyday treats, breakfast and lunch box. Lol!
- 2 cups of flour (shifted)
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- In a mixer, cream the butter, salt, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk while mixing. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Mould into a rectangular shape.
- Roll it and use cookie cutters of your choice.
- Pop the cookie sheet or baking tray into the fridge and chill for 10-20 minutes before baking OR pop into the oven straight away.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the edge is JUST turning golden brown
- Cool on the cooling rack.
Use egg at room temperature. Be careful of egg shells when separating the yolk from the white. Use softened butter. Omit salt if you're using salted butter.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @naijacookies_official on Instagram
and Hashtag it #NaijaCookieRecipes